het·ero·mor·pho·sis | \ -ˈmȯr-fə-səs also -mȯr-ˈfō-\
Medical Definition of heteromorphosis
1 : the production in an organism of an abnormal or misplaced part especially in place of one that has been lost (as the regeneration of a tail in place of a head)
2a : the production of a malformed or malposed tissue or organ
b : the formation of tissue of a different type from that from which it is derived
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game