Medical Definition of heterology
: a lack of correspondence of apparently similar bodily parts due to differences in fundamental makeup or origin heterology in nucleic-acid base pairs in phenotypically similar yeasts
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game