Medical Definition of herpetomonas
1 capitalized : a genus of flagellates of the family Trypanosomatidae morphologically similar to the genus Trypanosoma but exclusively parasites of the gut of insects
2 : any flagellate of the genus Herpetomonas also : any member of the family Trypanosomatidae that appears to have two flagella due to precocious duplication of the locomotor apparatus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game