harderian glandnoun, often capitalized H
Medical Definition of harderian gland
: an accessory lacrimal gland on the inner side of the orbit in reptiles and birds but usually degenerate in mammals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game