hantavirus pulmonary syndromenoun
Medical Definition of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome
: an acute respiratory disease caused by various hantaviruses and characterized initially especially by fever, muscle pain, headache, cough, vomiting, and chills which rapidly progress to pulmonary edema and hypoxia often resulting in death from shock or cardiac complications — compare hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game