Medical Definition of hairy leukoplakia
: a condition that affects the mouth and especially the edges of the tongue, is characterized by poorly demarcated white raised lesions with a corrugated appearance, is caused by infection with the Epstein-Barr virus, and is associated with HIV infection and AIDS
— called also oral hairy leukoplakia
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game