Medical Definition of guanfacine
: a drug that is an alpha-adrenergic agonist taken orally in the form of its hydrochloride C9H9Cl2N3O·HCl especially to treat hypertension and attention deficit disorder Approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), guanfacine is also in widespread use for Tourette syndrome and oppositional defiance disorder …— M. J. Friedrich, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 23 Jan. 2013
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?