granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factornoun
Medical Definition of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor
: a colony-stimulating factor produced by T cells, macrophages, endothelial cells, and fibroblasts that promotes the differentiation of bone marrow stem cells, stimulates the maturation of precursor cells into granulocytes and macrophages, and activates mature macrophages —abbreviation GM-CSF — see sargramostim
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game