granular white blood cellnoun
variants: also granular leukocyte
Medical Definition of granular white blood cell
: any of the white blood cells that have granules in their cytoplasm having specific affinity for certain biological stains and that include the eosinophils, basophils, and neutrophils — compare nongranular white blood cell
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?