Medical Definition of gracilis
: the most superficial muscle of the inside of the thigh that arises from the lower part of the pubic symphysis and the anterior half of the pubic arch and that has its tendon inserted into the inner surface of the shaft of the tibia below the tuberosity, and that acts to adduct the thigh and to flex the leg at the knee and to assist in rotating it medially
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game