Medical Definition of golimumab
: a genetically engineered monoclonal antibody that inhibits the activity of tumor necrosis factor and is administered by subcutaneous injection to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and ulcerative colitis
Note: Golimumab is marketed under the trademark Simponi.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game