Medical Definition of gnathic index
: the anthropometric ratio of the distance from the nasion to the basion to that from the basion to the alveolar point multiplied by 100
— called also alveolar index
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game