glycogen storage diseasenoun
Medical Definition of glycogen storage disease
: any of several metabolic disorders (as McArdle's disease or Pompe disease) that are characterized especially by abnormal deposits of glycogen in tissue, are caused by enzyme deficiencies in glycogen metabolism, and are usually inherited as an autosomal recessive trait
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game