Medical Definition of gluteus minimus
: the innermost of the three muscles in each buttock that arises from the outer surface of the ilium, that is inserted into the greater trochanter of the femur, and that acts similarly to the gluteus medius
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?