Medical Definition of glucosinolate
: any of various bitter sulfur-containing glycosides found especially in cruciferous plants (as broccoli, cabbage, and mustard) that when hydrolyzed form bioactive compounds (as isothiocyanates) including some which are anticarcinogenic
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game