variants: also glatiramer acetate
Medical Definition of glatiramer
: a drug consisting of a mixture of the acetate salts of synthetic peptides that is administered by subcutaneous injection in the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis which is marked by attacks of worsening neurological function alternating with periods of partial or complete remission
Note: Glatiramer is marketed under the trademark Coxpaxone.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game