variants: also glatiramer acetate
Medical Definition of glatiramer
: a drug consisting of a mixture of the acetate salts of synthetic peptides that is administered by subcutaneous injection in the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis which is marked by attacks of worsening neurological function alternating with periods of partial or complete remission
Note: Glatiramer is marketed under the trademark Coxpaxone.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game