giant kidney wormnoun
Medical Definition of giant kidney worm
: a blood-red nematode worm of the genus Dioctophyma (D. renale) that sometimes exceeds a yard in length and invades mammalian kidneys especially of the dog and occasionally of humans
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?