Medical Definition of gemellus
: either of two small muscles of the hip that insert into the tendon of the obturator internus:
a : a superior one originating chiefly from the outer surface of the ischial spine
— called also gemellus superior
b : an inferior one originating chiefly from the ischial tuberosity
— called also gemellus inferior
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game