Medical Definition of fusobacterium
1 capitalized : a genus of gram-negative anaerobic strictly parasitic rod-shaped bacteria that is placed in either of two families (Bacteroidaceae or Fusobacteriaceae) and includes some pathogens occurring especially in purulent or gangrenous infections
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game