Medical Definition of furious rabies
: the common form of rabies that is characterized by anxiety, spasm of the muscles of the throat and diaphragm, hyperactive or violent behavior, hallucinations, excessive salivation, paralysis, coma, and death
Note: Animals with furious rabies become extremely aggressive and prone to snapping and biting indiscriminately.— compare paralytic rabies
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game