Medical Definition of forensics
: the application of scientific knowledge to legal problems especially : scientific analysis of physical evidence (such as evidence from a crime scene) In forensics, DNA is extracted from fluids or tissue found at a crime scene, often sperm or seminal fluid from the bodies or clothing of rape victims, or blood found at the scene of violent crime. — Christopher Joyce and Eric Stover, Witnesses from the Grave, 1991
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game