Medical Definition of foamy virus
: any of a genus (Spumavirus) of nonpathogenic retroviruses that occur in mammals and are sometimes transmitted to humans from nonhuman primates
— called also spumavirus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game