Medical Definition of fludrocortisone
: a potent mineralocorticoid drug that is derived from cortisol, possesses some glucocorticoid activity, and is administered in the form of its acetate C23H31FO6 to treat adrenocortical insufficiency
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?