flowers of zincnoun plural
Medical Definition of flowers of zinc
: zinc oxide especially as obtained as a light white powder by burning zinc for use in pharmaceutical and cosmetic preparations
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game