Medical Definition of femoral triangle
: an area in the upper anterior part of the thigh bounded by the inguinal ligament, the sartorius, and the adductor longus
— called also femoral trigone, Scarpa's triangle
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game