Medical Definition of fasciculus gracilis
: either of a pair of nerve tracts of the posterior funiculus of the spinal cord situated on opposite sides of and immediately adjacent to the posterior median septum and carrying nerve fibers from the lower part of the body
— called also gracile fasciculus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?