Medical Definition of famotidine
: an H2 antagonist C8H15N7O2S3 used to inhibit gastric acid secretion especially in the short-term treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers and gastroesophageal reflux disease and in the treatment of disorders (as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome) involving gastric acid hypersecretion — see pepcid
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?