factor V Leidennoun
Medical Definition of factor V Leiden
Note: Factor V Leiden is inherited as an autosomal dominant trait requiring that only one parent pass on a copy of the defective gene on a chromosome other than a sex chromosome. When both parents carry the defective gene, factor V Leiden is inherited as a recessive, more serious condition.
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?