Medical Definition of eucalyptus oil
: any of various essential oils obtained from the leaves of various members of the genus Eucalyptus (as E. globulus) and used in pharmaceutical preparations (as antiseptics and cough drops)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?