Medical Definition of erythrasma
: a chronic contagious dermatitis that affects warm moist areas of the body (as the armpit and groin) and is caused by a bacterium of the genus Corynebacterium (C. minutissimum)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?