equine coital exanthemanoun
Medical Definition of equine coital exanthema
: a highly contagious disease of horses that is transmitted chiefly by copulation, is marked by the formation of vesicles and pustules on the mucous membranes of the genital tract, and is caused by a herpesvirus (species Equid herpesvirus 3) tentatively assigned to the genus Varicellovirus
— called also coital exanthema
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game