Medical Definition of epoetin
Note: Epoetin is synthesized in several forms designated alfa, beta, delta, omega, and zeta using hamster ovary cells into which the gene coding for erythropoietin has been inserted. The epoetin designated alfa is marketed under the trademarks Epogen and Procrit and the epoetin designated beta is marketed under the trademark Mircera.
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?