Medical Definition of epidermolysis bullosa
: any of a group of inherited disorders of variable severity marked especially by the formation of large fluid-filled blisters which develop chiefly in response to minor mechanical trauma — see dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa, epidermolysis bullosa acquisita, epidermolysis bullosa simplex, junctional epidermolysis bullosa
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game