Medical Definition of ephemeral fever
: an infectious disease of cattle especially in Africa marked by fever, muscular rigidity, conjunctivitis, and nasal discharge and usually subsiding within two or three days
— called also three-day fever
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?