Medical Definition of encainide
: an antiarrhythmic drug C22H28N2O2 withdrawn from use when it was shown to increase mortality in patients who had a recent heart attack prior to receiving the drug
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game