Medical Definition of embelia
1 capitalized : a large genus of Old World tropical woody vines (family Myrsinaceae) with alternate leaves and racemose flowers
2 : the dried powdered fruit of an Indian vine of the genus Embelia (E. ribes) that is used locally as a tapeworm remedy
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game