Medical Definition of earmold
: a device of usually acrylic, vinyl, or silicone that fits within the outer ear, is connected by way of a tube to a hearing aid worn behind the ear, and serves especially to channel the amplified sound from the hearing aid to the ear canal
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?