Medical Definition of duodenoscope
: a long, flexible endoscope that is inserted through the mouth and is used to visually examine and pass instruments into the duodenum The FDA issued a "safety communication" … warning that the design of duodenoscopes used in procedures known as endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, or ERCP, may impede effective cleaning.— JoNel Aleccia, The Seattle Times, 20 Feb. 2015
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game