Medical Definition of druse
: one of the small yellowish deposits of cellular debris that accumulate between the pigmented epithelial layer of the retina and the inner collagenous layer of the choroid, that are typically associated with aging, and that may be a sign of certain pathological conditions (as age-related macular degeneration)
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game