dorsalis pedis arterynoun
variants: or dorsalis pedis
Medical Definition of dorsalis pedis artery
: an artery of the upper surface of the foot that is a direct continuation of the anterior tibial artery The dorsalis pedis artery runs along the line between the first and second toe, and its pulse point is felt in the mid-foot.— Pamela Tronetti, Florida Today, 29 Nov. 2009 In subjects with a good blood supply to the foot, the arcuate artery, a continuation of the dorsalis pedis on the dorsum of the metacarpals, can be palpated.— Derek Field and Jane Owen Hutchinson, Field's Anatomy, Palpation, and Surface Markings, 2006
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?