Medical Definition of dipentene
: a liquid terpene hydrocarbon C10H16 that is found in many essential oils, is a constituent of terebene, and is used chiefly as a solvent and dispersing agent (as for resins and varnishes) — compare limonene
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game