dilation and evacuationnoun
Medical Definition of dilation and evacuation
: a surgical abortion that is typically performed midway during the second trimester of pregnancy and in which the uterine cervix is dilated and fetal tissue is removed using surgical instruments (as a forceps and curette) and suction
— called also D&E
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?