Medical Definition of decidua capsularis
: the part of the decidua in the pregnant human female that envelops the embryo Common wisdom holds that by the fourth month of human pregnancy the decidua capsularis fuses with the decidua vera, thereby obliterating the uterine cavity.— Carl J. Pauerstein, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 16 Aug. 1985
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game