Medical Definition of convalescence
1 : gradual recovery of health and strength after disease a patient well advanced in convalescence
2 : the time between the subsidence of a disease and complete restoration to health quiet and rest during convalescence
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game