Medical Definition of conjugate vaccine
: a vaccine containing bacterial capsular polysaccharide joined to a protein to enhance immunogenicity especially : one that is used to immunize infants and children against invasive disease caused by Hib bacteria and that contains the Hib capsular polysaccharide polyribosylribitol phosphate bound to diphtheria or tetanus toxoid or to an outer membrane protein of the meningococcus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game