Medical Definition of conium
1a capitalized : a genus of poisonous herbs (family Umbelliferae) that have spotted stems, large divided leaves and white flowers and that include the poison hemlock
b : a plant of the genus Conium
2 : the dried full-grown but unripe fruit of the poison hemlock containing coniine and its methyl derivative and used as a narcotic and sedative
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game