Medical Definition of conglutination
a : the union or establishment of continuity of parts —now used only of abnormal adhesion of contiguous surfaces
b(1) : a reaction of agglutination and lysis brought about by addition of bovine serum to antibody-treated cells
(2) : agglutination brought about by serum albumin or plasma proteins when added to cells coated with blocking antibody
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game