Medical Definition of colpopexy
: fixation of the vagina by suturing it to the adjacent abdominal wall The trial randomly assigned 65 women with prolapse to undergo surgical repair either with vaginal mesh or with a more traditional procedure, colpopexy, that uses the patient's own ligaments to support the sagging muscles.— Roni Caryn Rabin, The New York Times, 26 Oct. 2010
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game