Medical Definition of colloidal silver
: a preparation consisting of silver particles suspended in liquid that is sometimes used as a dietary supplement High doses of colloidal silver can turn the skin permanently blue. Though the silver is legal to sell as a dietary supplement, the Food and Drug Administration maintains it has never been tested to prove any therapeutic value.— Brigid Schulte, The Washington Post, 20 Jan. 2008
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game