Medical Definition of colesevelam
: a lipid-lowering polymer drug that binds to bile acid in the intestine and is administered orally by tablet or oral suspension to lower LDL levels in the treatment of hyperlipidemia and to control levels of blood sugar in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Note: Colesevelam is marketed under the trademark Welchol.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?